Back to overview
I have trouble uploading my order, what can I do?
When you experience trouble when uploading your order, this can have multiple causes. We kindly ask you to try the following solutions.
Offline creator tool (Windows)
In order to protect your computer, most software programs are routinely blocked by the Windows firewall. To be able to order something from bonusprint, you have to grant the photobook software access to the internet. Most problems with uploading are caused by the Windows firewall. We kindly ask you to follow the steps to adjust your firewall settings below:
Learn how to edit your Windows firewall settings
Please note that if you’re using Kaspersky, Norton Symantec antivirus or any other additional anti-virus, you need to disable it as well (for Norton antivirus disable the ‘Web access protection’ also). Additionally, we advise you to temporarily disconnect a ‘proxy server’ if you have one. It might also help to have a browser set as standard. We recommend Google Chrome.
Trouble opening the online check-out
After uploading, the creator tool automatically opens the online check-out in your browser. If this doesn’t happen, check if you have a browser set as standard. We recommend Google Chrome. To open the online check-out, try clicking on ‘click here‘ (see image below) to re-open the online check-out. If that doesn’t help, try copying the link by clicking on ‘copy the link‘ (see image below) and paste it in your browser manually. It could also help to paste the link in an incognito window in your browser (for Chrome: click on the three dots at the top right corner and choose ‘new incognito window‘).
Offline creator tool (Mac)
Issues that occur during ordering can either be due to issues with images used in your photobook (in this case you will receive an error message that tells you which image is the problem), or due to issues with your internet connection or your firewall. Therefore, please first make sure that you are on a stable internet connection when you try to order.
You can adjust your firewall to give bonusprint permission to connect to the internet
- Choose Apple menu> System Preferences, click Security and Privacy, and then click Firewall.
- Click on the padlock to unlock it and then type the name and password of an administrator.
- Click on ‘Firewall options’.
- If you cannot choose the “Firewall Options” button, first click on “Enable firewall” to enable the firewall for your Mac.
- Click on the button with the plus sign under the list of facilities and then select bonusprint. After you have added the program, click the arrows to allow connections via the firewall.
It might also help to have a browswer set as standard. We recommend Google Chrome.
Online creator tool
When you experience trouble uploading a product that you created online, this most likely has to do with your internet connection or your browser. We recommend Google Chrome as a browser because we know from experience that this browser works the best with our website. Please make sure that you’re using a fast and stable internet connection. It could also help to log out and log in again at the top right of your screen.
To help you with uploading, please follow the steps below:
- Save your product.
- Open an incognito window in Google Chrome (click on the three dots at the top right corner and choose ‘new incognito window‘)
- In this new Window, browse to our website, open the product again and try to order.
Trouble uploading prints.
It can happen that there’s an error when uploading prints on our website. In this case, you will notice that the progress bar at the top of the screen freezes. Unfortunately, we cannot solve this issue. To prevent this, we kindly ask you to follow these steps when ordering prints:
- Use Google Chrome as a browser (most of these problems appear in Internet Explorer).
- Use a stable and fast internet connection.
- Try uploading smaller batches of pictures at once. Place them in your shopping basket and click on ‘continue shopping‘ to move on to the next batch. When you have placed all of them in your shopping basket, you can go forward with your order.
App creator tool
To help you with uploading your product from our app, we would like to ask you to make sure you are using the latest version of the App. You can do this by going to the App Store and searching for the bonusprint app. If it indicates that there is an update available, please select ‘update‘ to install it. After you have installed the latest version of the app, please shut down your device and restart it. Now only open the app on your device and try and place your order again.
If you still experience issues ordering your photo product, it could be due to there being insufficient memory on your device. We kindly ask you to delete some data from other applications on your device and free up some available space.
Did you try to solve the issue but you still experience problems with uploading? Please contact our customer service team and we will try our best to help you out!
Was this answer useful to you?